This page is updated every Sunday to feature the latest message.
Use the blue "Add notes" link below the original notes. Remember to email your notes to yourself. This is the only way to save your notes!
"It's Just Between Me and God"
MAY 22, 2022
Rick Kingsley, Elder and FSU Cru Director
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 12:14-27 and Various Scriptures
Lie #2- It’s just between me and God.
Two parent lies:
- “It’s all about me.”
- “Everyone should do what’s right in their own eyes.”
Truth #2- We were made for each other.
- "Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness.” -Genesis 1:26
- "The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone." -Genesis 2:18
- 1 Corinthians 12:14-27
"I will bless those who bless you, and him who dishonors you I will curse, and in you all the families of the earth shall be blessed.” So Abram went, as the Lord had told him, and Lot went with him. Abram was seventy-five years old when he departed from Haran." -Genesis 12:3-4
Does X bring me toward others or cause me to withdraw?
Three ways to be connected to the body:
- Confession of sin
- Conflict Resolution
- What are ways that we try to live our faith on our own, without others?
- If God guaranteed one change in your ability to relate to and live out your faith with others, what one thing would you pray for?
- How could the church help create a culture of mutual concern and edification- where all parts live in harmony with one another? How do we practically live as a united body made up of diverse individual parts?
- What challenged your thinking in the sermon? What comforted you?