day 23- March 20
Scripture: Matthew 28:16-20
“Now the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain to which Jesus had directed them. 17 And when they saw him they worshiped him, but some doubted. 18 And Jesus came and said to them, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
- Today over 2 billion people have little to no access to the Gospel. This ought to drive us to our knees! Using resources like Operation World, Joshua Project, or Prayercast, you can focus your prayers on an unreached people group every day.
- Pray that God would grow a heart for the nations inside you! Ask Him to not only give you opportunities to pray but also opportunities to go with the Gospel!
day 24- march 21
Scripture: Jeremiah 29:4-7
“Thus says the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel, to all the exiles whom I have sent into exile from Jerusalem to Babylon: 5 Build houses and live in them; plant gardens and eat their produce. 6 Take wives and have sons and daughters; take wives for your sons, and give your daughters in marriage, that they may bear sons and daughters; multiply there, and do not decrease. 7 But seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare.”
- Pray for our church that we would be a “city on a hill” and that our light would burn brightly for Christ. Also, pray for other Gospel-centered churches and parachurch ministries in Tallahassee that they would be effective in sharing and showing the love of Christ.
- Pray for our elected leaders, pray for our city, pray for our schools, pray for our neighborhoods, and pray for your neighbors. Ask God to be moving in these different arenas and to also show you where you can best engage!
day 25- march 22
Scripture: Ephesians 6:10-20
"Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of his might. 11 Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. 12 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places. 13 Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand firm. 14 Stand therefore, having fastened on the belt of truth, and having put on the breastplate of righteousness, 15 and, as shoes for your feet, having put on the readiness given by the gospel of peace. 16 In all circumstances take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming darts of the evil one; 17 and take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God, 18 praying at all times in the Spirit, with all prayer and supplication. To that end, keep alert with all perseverance, making supplication for all the saints, 19 and also for me, that words may be given to me in opening my mouth boldly to proclaim the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassador in chains, that I may declare it boldly, as I ought to speak.”
- Scripture reminds us that our struggle is against “spiritual powers, forces, and realities that are external to us.” So, today, pray with the reality that you have an enemy, as Scripture describes as “a roaring lion, seeking to devour.” Pray for yourself and others- “Lead us not into temptation, and deliver us from the evil one" as we seek to live out God’s mission here on earth.
- You pray differently when you realize you are at war. Pray daily that you would put on the armor of God. Pray that you would be alert, armed, and vigilant. Pray believing that the battle has been won in and through Jesus Christ!
Day 26- March 23
Scripture: Acts 1:6-11
“So when they had come together, they asked him, “Lord, will you at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” 7 He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons that the Father has fixed by his own authority. 8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.” 9 And when he had said these things, as they were looking on, he was lifted up, and a cloud took him out of their sight. 10 And while they were gazing into heaven as he went, behold, two men stood by them in white robes, 11 and said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven? This Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will come in the same way as you saw him go into heaven.”
- The believers were filled with power- and so are you in Christ, through the Holy Spirit! Ask the Holy Spirit to ignite that power in you for the sake of those around you who have never heard the Gospel.
- Pray that God would send you out to the nations! Beginning right here in Tallahassee and to the very ends of the earth. Pray that you would live intentionally with the Gospel on your lips and on your hands and feet, knowing that His return is very soon.
day 27- March 24
Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 1:2-5
“We give thanks to God always for all of you, constantly mentioning you in our prayers, 3 remembering before our God and Father your work of faith and labor of love and steadfastness of hope in our Lord Jesus Christ. 4 For we know, brothers loved by God, that he has chosen you, 5 because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction.”
- Pray that you would embrace the Gospel reality that you are not obeying God to get anything but to give Him pleasure because you see His worth and beauty. Pray that the gospel would be deeply rooted in your heart.
- Pray also that the Gospel would compel a life that is centered on the Gospel, much like the church at Thessalonica. Pray that the Gospel would produce much faith, labor, power, and steadfastness in your life.
day 28- march 25
Scripture: Luke 11:1-2
"Now Jesus was praying in a certain place, and when he finished, one of his disciples said to him, “Lord, teach us to pray, as John taught his disciples.” 2 And he said to them, “When you pray, say: “Father, hallowed be your name. Your kingdom come.”
- Pray today for the Father’s kingdom to come, for the fulfillment of the Great Commission, and that the Gospel would go to the ends of the earth.
- As you pray today for the kingdom to come, ask God to show you how you can be a part of that kingdom coming- in both your worship and your witness.