day 5- feb 27
Scripture: Psalm 106:1
“Praise the Lord! Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!”
- What can you praise the Lord for today? If you’re finding it hard to praise Him right now, ask Him to show you how to praise Him in your circumstances.
- What attributes of God’s character are displayed in this verse?
- Pray for God to remind you of His faithfulness and love.
day 6- feb 28
Scripture: Lamentations 3:22-24
“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, “therefore I will hope in him.”
- This verse reminds us that God’s mercies are new every morning. How has the Lord been merciful toward you recently? Thank Him for His mercy and grace in your life.
- Jeremiah (the writer of Lamentations) goes on to praise God for His faithfulness and has hope in Him. What do you need God to remind you about His character? Ask Him to reveal more of Himself to you.
- Pray for God to show you a glimpse of His faithfulness this week.
day 7- march 1
Scripture: Psalm 100
“Make a joyful noise to the Lord, all the earth! Serve the Lord with gladness! Come into his presence with singing! Know that the Lord, he is God! It is he who made us, and we are his; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture. Enter his gates with thanksgiving, and his courts with praise! Give thanks to him; bless his name! For the Lord is good; his steadfast love endures forever, and his faithfulness to all generations.”
- Verses 1-2 describe how we can praise and worship the Lord. Is the posture of your heart stirred to worship Him through praise when you’re walking by the Spirit?
- Reflect on a time when God was faithful to you. How did this affect your view of Him?
- Pray for God to fill you with overwhelming joy and praise in Him alone.
Day 8- March 2
Scripture: 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
“Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you.”
- Paul reminds us to give thanks in everything because it’s God’s will for us. What situation or circumstance in your life has made it easy for you to thank Him? What’s been hard to thank Him in? Reflect on how your view of these circumstances impacted your relationship with God.
- Ask the Lord to help you give thanks and fix your eyes on Him, even in hard and unwanted circumstances. Pray for Him to convict you of any doubt, fear, or lies you’ve believed about Him, and repent.
day 9- march 3
Scripture: Psalm 34:1-3
“I will bless the Lord at all times; his praise shall continually be in my mouth. My soul makes its boast in the Lord; let the humble hear and be glad. Oh, magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together!”
- David is praising God for delivering him from his enemies (see 1 Samuel 21-22 for context). How has the Lord been your deliverer?
- What stirs up gratitude in your heart today? Praise the Lord for anything that comes to mind.
day 10- march 4
Scripture: 1 Corinthians 15:57
“But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- 1 Corinthians 15 tells us all about Jesus’ resurrection. In this verse, Paul is thanking God that He sent Jesus into the world for us, and for Jesus’ victory over sin and death. When you think about what Jesus has done for us, how does this deepen your understanding of who God is and His promises?
- Thank the Lord for your salvation and that you’ve been saved by grace through faith in Christ alone (Ephesians 2:8-9).