UPDATE: During the Congregational Meeting on Sunday, June 26, the Wildwood Church family exceeded the required quorum for a vote, and voted 99.5% in favor of calling David McNeely as our senior pastor.
On Sunday, June 5, 2016, it was announced that after a two-year process, the Search Team had identified a candidate the team unanimously believed to be the future senior pastor of Wildwood Church.
On Thursday, June 9, the Session of Wildwood passed a resolution joining the Search Team in unanimously recommending David McNeely to the church family. Pastor Bob has also strongly endorsed him.
Many of you may recall David as the speaker at our Men’s Advance in January, at which time he preached at Wildwood on that Sunday.
- Saturday, June 18th: Meet & Greet including Q&A with David and Pastor Bob (watch video below)
- Sunday, June 19th: David will preach at both services at Wildwood Church.
- Sunday, June 26th: The Search Team has requested the Session call a Congregational Meeting for the purpose of voting to call David as our next senior pastor.
Watch the videos below to get to know our candidate and his wife and family.
Part 1 – The Couple
Part 2 – The Kids
- May 22, 2016 – “Whose Money Is it?” – Listen | Watch
- April 3, 2016 – “Why Do You Stand Looking into Heaven?” – Listen | Watch
- Dec 27, 2015 – “What Then Did You Go Out to See?” – Listen | Watch
- Oct 4, 2015 – “I Life: Irate” – Listen | Watch
- Sep 27, 2015 – “I Life: Insecure” – Listen | Watch
- Sep 20, 2015 – “I Life: Isolated”: Listen | Watch
Saturday, June 18, 2016 Q&A
Search Team Videos
Several years ago, Pastor Bob Evans initiated a plan with the elders of Wildwood Church to begin a transition process for him to step away as Senior Pastor into a new role focused more on counseling and small group teaching.
A Transition Team was formed to begin researching and mapping out the path for that transition. Once a plan was finalized, the Transition Team dissolved and a Search Team was formed and confirmed by the Wildwood Church family to look for the new senior pastor God was calling to lead us.
In the video below, Pastor Bob explains this transition process.
Wildwood Church is currently in a season of transition as our senior pastor of nearly 20 years transitions into a new ministry role, and makes way for the new senior pastor of our church family.
In Fall 2013, the Session put into motion a formal transition plan to search for the man God is calling to be our senior pastor.
The search team was formed by the Session and confirmed by the congregation to find an Associate Pastor who would eventually transition into the role of Senior Pastor, if not a leader who would immediately step into the Senior Pastor position.
Candidates who are interested in applying to the position of Senior Pastor are encouraged to fill out the Online Application at this link.
Note: Candidates must be ordained in the Presbyterian Church in America, or be capable of ordination in the PCA.